Join us on our adoption journey.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6
We are no longer orphans because of what God did for us. With one simple act of obedience our sins were forgiven at the cross. So what are we doing with the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ? Our family has decided to take a step of faith and do what He's called us to do, to take care of widows and orphans. Our journey starts with adoption.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

You are not the authour.

I read this quote on someones blog recently which sums up adoption quite nicely.

"Adoption is a story.  You are not the authour."

This is so true and I must remind myself of it often.  I'm always trying to control things and all that does is cause stress, strife, and disappointment.  If only I would learn that I'M JUST NOT IN CONTROL!  We serve such a mighty God and all I have to do is follow His lead.  He won't lead me somewhere and then just leave me.  He's always by my side and like He tells us in His word numerous times, He will never leave us nor forsake us.

As time ticks by my desire for those kiddos gets stronger and stronger and the wait gets harder and harder.  I have no idea when my kids will come home, no idea what stage of the process my paperwork is in, and no idea how this is all going to turn out.  All I know is that we serve a God whose plans and ways are greater than mine.  A God who already knows how it's going to turn out and a God who knows how hard it is to wait.  So I'll try to sit back and wait patiently (because really that's all I can do) and I'll live for today, enjoying the many gifts God has already given to me.

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."  Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment