Join us on our adoption journey.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6
We are no longer orphans because of what God did for us. With one simple act of obedience our sins were forgiven at the cross. So what are we doing with the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ? Our family has decided to take a step of faith and do what He's called us to do, to take care of widows and orphans. Our journey starts with adoption.

Monday, March 11, 2013

Heading for Home

While waiting to board the plane at the airport in Port-au-Prince there was an announcement over the loudspeaker.  "We have an overbooking situation if anyone is willing to give up their seats and fly out on the next flight tomorrow morning please come to the ticket counter.  We are offering a $700 travel voucher."  I'm all about saving a buck (OR $700!!!), so I look at Joe and say "That's our tickets back here to pick up the kiddos paid for!!!"  Joe looks like he's pondering it and then looks at me and says, "And what do you suggest we do when we step out of this airport?  Our drivers gone, and where pray tell do you suggest we spend the night?"  Okay he didn't quite say it like that but I like the way that sounds and it pretty much conveys exactly what he said to me!

Not fifteen minutes later the same lady gets on the loudspeaker again and gives the same announcement only the travel voucher has gone up to $800!  Again I look at Joe and again he seems to be pondering and suggests that maybe we stay at the airport for the night but in that same split second of pondering he changes his mind thinking that doesn't really sound like a very good idea either and he adds (just for effect I'm sure) and I'm not staying here for one more night!

Maybe ten minutes later and still we have an overbooking situation and no one seems to want to stay another night.  It's up to $850 now.  I don't say anything this time.  Who am I kidding, yes I did but now I think Joe's getting tired of me!

We finally start to board the plane and we find our seats and Joe immediately buckles up.  (I'm pretty sure he was trying to tell me something...)  The plane is almost full and yep you guessed it we still have an overbooking situation.  We still need three people to give up their seats and now we'll give you a $1,000 travel voucher.  Okay that's it!  Joe are you serious, we're not going to stay for one more night to get our flights back here for FREE and then some!?!?!?!?!?!  Joe looked at me, looked down at his seat belt, pulled it as tight as he could (again just for effect!) and said, "We're not staying here for another night, we're going home!"  Enough said I realize Joe's right and we're going home so I decided to give it up and buckle my own seat belt as well.  US here we come!  It really wouldn't have been a good idea to stay for another night even the people behind me were making jokes about the travel voucher and how there's no way they would take it either!

No comments:

Post a Comment