Join us on our adoption journey.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6
We are no longer orphans because of what God did for us. With one simple act of obedience our sins were forgiven at the cross. So what are we doing with the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ? Our family has decided to take a step of faith and do what He's called us to do, to take care of widows and orphans. Our journey starts with adoption.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Fundraising Opportunity

We have a wonderful fundraising opportunity.  
Today in my mail arrived a box......

  It's from the Apparent Project  http://apparentproject.org/index.html

And here's what inside!

 Bracelets...

 ...lots and lots of bracelets.

 Each one hand made out of paper...

...by the Haitian artisan shown in the pictures on each bracelet.

 
 All with a unique story.

 All working hard to make a living.




For every bracelet sold a percentage goes directly to the artisan in Haiti who made the bracelet.  When we sell the bracelets for what the Apparent Project recommends we get to keep a portion of the proceeds for our adoption.  How cool is that?!  We help the people in Haiti and raise funds to bring our babies home!

When the box arrived today I was about as excited as a kid in a candy shop who was just told they could pick out as much candy as their wee hands could hold.  I could barely make the dinner...until Joe came home and told me how hungry he was and then I thought I'd better come on back down to earth.  I have to remember to take it one day at a time, but it's just so hard, I'm just so excitable!!!

So, now I need your help.  Help me get the word out about the bracelets, help us sell them, and perhaps buy one for yourself.  They are $8 each and 100% of the proceeds get split between the artisan who made the bracelet and our adoption fund.  If you have any great ideas for me as to how we can get these things sold I'm open to suggestions.


No comments:

Post a Comment