Join us on our adoption journey.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6
We are no longer orphans because of what God did for us. With one simple act of obedience our sins were forgiven at the cross. So what are we doing with the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ? Our family has decided to take a step of faith and do what He's called us to do, to take care of widows and orphans. Our journey starts with adoption.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Paperwork, Computer, and a Prayer Request

Well two Tuesday's ago on October 9 we sent our entire dossier (paperwork) minus two bank letters to our family coordinator (Michelle) at our adoption agency.  That was a VERY monumental day for us!  We've been doing that paper work since February of this year.  It was a huge deal and I have no words to explain how that felt.  I'm pretty sure I walked in circles a couples of times that day not knowing what to do with myself and I may very well have done a jig!

So let me tell you about our computer.  About three months ago the darn thing wouldn't turn on, I about had a heart attack because it wasn't backed up, I mean who backs up their computer right?!?!  (I'm pretty sure it's smart people that don't want to lose everything on their hard drive!)  Anyway I panicked because all our adoption paperwork was on there.  I prayed and prayed and prayed and what do you know I pushed the on button and the silly thing turned on!  Enter the happy jig and staring kiddos and you can be sure I backed it up that very minute.  Praise God!  Well it gets better.....I asked the PSC (Pastoral Search Committee) to pray that our computer would STAY ON (I wasn't about to turn it off again), and it sounds like silly prayer request "Could you please pray that our computer would stay on until our paper work is done?" but we really needed (hmmmmm needed......???) it to stay working so they did and it did.  Joe accidentally turned it off a couple of times (I may have too but we'll just say that it was Joe), and many lifted hands to the LORD and happy jigs followed.  So Tuesday, October 9 arrived and me the kiddos went to meet Joe for a celebration lunch and to get the paperwork from him as he had picked it up from the Secretary of State where it was all certified.  We mailed it, HURRAH!  Actually we FedExed it, overnight, because we are now in a time crunch to meet the new deadline of October 31 so that we will fall under the old procedures.  An error message popped up on our computer that very day, October 9, 2012, forcing me to do a forced shut down and it's never turned on again...........  Thank you LORD for keeping our computer alive for just the right amount of time.  This is such an amazing journey, I hate that our computer is dead, I mean how inconvenient, but I love seeing God at work in our lives and answering seemingly silly prayers.  Whoop Whoop!

So that leads me into our prayer request.  Our family coordinator has a lot of things she needs to do with our dossier.  It needs to be translated, certified (again) and who knows what else but she isn't sure if it's going to make it to Haiti before October 31.  Once Michelle has everything on her end done she will mail it to Haiti but that can take about four days.  We know that God can get it there before the deadline and we are praying that that is what will happen.  Please join us in prayer as we wait on the LORD in this situation.  Waiting is awful by the way so pray for me too!

Oh and one more thing.  Michelle has our referral but is holding it hostage until she is certain that our dossier is going to make that deadline.  I understand why she is doing it but I don't like it.  If our dossier doesn't make the deadline she may have to turn around and tell us that the referral she gave us is no longer for us and will have to give us a new one.  That may not be the case but she doesn't want to risk us falling in love with a child only to have that child taken away.  Please pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment