Join us on our adoption journey.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6
We are no longer orphans because of what God did for us. With one simple act of obedience our sins were forgiven at the cross. So what are we doing with the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ? Our family has decided to take a step of faith and do what He's called us to do, to take care of widows and orphans. Our journey starts with adoption.

Friday, August 3, 2012

I don't have too much to say tonight, just wanted to let you all know things are moving along, slowly but surely.  I say slowly because to us it seems like this endless sea of paperwork is never ending, it just won't stop, but to God this is all in His prefect timing.  I rest in the knowledge of that.

I have a couple of cute things my six year old has said that I thought I'd share with you all.
In the very early stages of the adoption process I was explaining to the children that the child we adopt will probably have darker skin than us.  Caide replied "Oh that's okay, 'cause Jordis is a little bit black."

When we were planning to go to family camp this year Caide asked me how much it cost, I told him and tried to explain how much that amount was.  He replied "Oh, we can't go to family camp then, we need to put all that money towards the adoption."  I love his heart.  He was so excited to be going to family camp but the thought of putting money into something other than bringing our child home didn't sit well with him.  I explained to him that God was blessing us to be able to go to family camp this year and that he needn't be concerned about it.

Thanks for following along with us, I look forward to the day I can place a picture of our newest addition on the blog so you can all see who you've been praying for.

May all the glory go to Him who deserves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment