Join us on our adoption journey.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6
We are no longer orphans because of what God did for us. With one simple act of obedience our sins were forgiven at the cross. So what are we doing with the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ? Our family has decided to take a step of faith and do what He's called us to do, to take care of widows and orphans. Our journey starts with adoption.

Friday, June 29, 2012

Our family coordinator passed along a really encouraging e-mail today and I thought I'd share it with you all.


Rest with Me a while. You have journeyed up a steep, rugged path in recent days. The way ahead is shrouded in uncertainty. Look neither behind you nor before you. Instead, focus your attention on Me, your constant Companion.
Trust that I will equip you fully for whatever awaits you on your journey.
I designed time to be a protection for you. You couldn’t bear to see all your life at once. Though I am unlimited by time, it is in the present moment that I meet you. Refresh yourself in My company, breathing deep draughts of My Presence.
The highest level of trust is to enjoy Me moment by moment. 
I am with you, watching over you wherever you go.
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
—Psalm 143:8

 It's been so crazy and all consuming trying to get all this paper work complete.  We've had surprises, bumps, and more surprises.  I've wanted to pull my hair out many times.  I've had to return things to have typos corrected on a number of occasions, it's embarrassing and uncomfortable but God hasn't called us to a life of comfort has He?  So we press on, knowing that His will in our lives will ultimately bring Him the glory and that's why we are here and that's why we chose to serve Him with our lives in the good times and in the bad.  May our God be praised!

P.S.  Please feel free to leave us a comment we welcome your encouragement and support.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there. We can relate REALLY well to the setbacks. We've had quite a week with this process, too. Praying for you all to have a more encouraging week next week. :)

    ReplyDelete